Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Healing Savvy. L2useyourbrain.

Of course I have alts.
Doesn't everyone?

My level 2 AH BElf Mage runs around Orgrimmar in the prettiest Festival Dress.

And then there's my 18 undead priest, created the same time as my druid, and left stagnant when i realised I preferred playing on my druid, and now brought back to life because I want to experiment with priest heals. It kinda gives me goosebumps to think I have 2 healers at different levels in the game. (No way I'm doing holy paladin though. No chance. Nada. Nil. Zip.) And I would love a shammy, but the totem thing gets to me.

ANYWAYS, getting back to the point of this post.

I did an RFC run the other day with my then 17 priest. No, I wasn't healing. There was an 18 priest in the group who was. But of course I have had Grid up, and I'm looking at everyone's health bar, while pew-pewing with Smite and SWord:Pain and other pew-pewy things. And I notice the healer is using Heal, at the LEAST sign of damage. Oh no, the tank's short of 20HP - HEAL. Oh no, the warlock lifetapped - HEAL. Oh no, the hunter fell and scraped his knee - HEEEAAAAALLLLL. (I'm thanking God at this point that he/she didn't have greater heal yet.

Now, like any obsessive compulsive healer, I know, understand and appreciate the feeling of needing everyone at full health. But I also appreciate the need to conserve mana, and use spells that FIT the need (read: RENEW.) NOT use hugely mana intensive heals that cause you to go OOM every 2 pulls (of 1-2 mobs each)

It's frustrating and there were many times when I saw the incoming +250 heal on Grid, when the actual damage was -50 that I wanted to snap at the healer on party chat.

Grrrrrr.

Am i over-reacting?

No comments:

Post a Comment