Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To Tree or Not to Tree, that is the question.

Ahh, I forgot for a bit that I had a blog. My apologies. :)
Also, I took a short trip, so wasn't online for the past week. Woot.

It all started when I came back last night, though. As soon as I logged on, a good rogue friend of mine whispered me and said, "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS 73?"

This rogue friend (who I met when I was 71 and he was 68), is now 80, and has been for about a week.

And that did it for me.

So I have officially re-specced to Balance, nothing long term, of course. Just till I hot hit 80, because I still do love the heals.

BUT, the thing that has happened is that it has re-awakened my interest in the game. The questing in Northrend, which I was unable to do with my Resto spec, is a breeze in Moonkin form. (Of course, it also helps that I was level 73 in the Borean Tundra)

=P

The other thing is that I'm excited about the questing and the stories they provide. On one quest, Saurfang told me, "You have never been alone, Splintered." I swear my heart skipped a beat.

And it's been a long time since I've been this excited about actually playing the game. And it's a lot more interesting than standing around in Dalaran, skimming through the LFG channel, and looking for groups that needed heals. And more often than not, I'd end up in a group that had a DK who'd never tanked, but didn't mind trying. (Srsly, WTB Tank)

And we'd fail miserably, and I'd get about 1/2 bar for XP for the 1.5 hours spent getting the group together and at the instance.

Blech.

And now, in one night after speccing Balance and questing, I'm halfway to ~75~.

No comments:

Post a Comment